- Please note that I do not have a waiting room or reception, so please arrive at the agreed time of your session. Although I do my best to try to space out my client appointments so there is enough gap, adhering to agreed times preserves yours and everyone else’s confidentiality. It also allows me to prepare fully for the session. If you are 15 minutes late, the session will still go ahead for the time that remains.
- Therapy is about mutual respect. If you cannot make it to your appointment, please let me know as soon as you can (please also refer to my cancellation/re-booking policy below). I am a firm believer in work-life balance and I feel looking after my own mental and physical well-being enables me to give 100% attention and effort to my clients. Therefore I have only a certain number of appointments available each week. So, if you can’t make it to your session, please let me know so that time can be offered to someone else who may be waiting for a cancellation or is on my waiting list.
- If you miss your session twice without providing any reason or contacting me, I will consider it as a termination of your therapy and the appointment slot will be offered to someone else.
- The therapy sessions generally last about 1 hour, sometimes up to 1 and half hours, especially if hypnosis is used. I work integratively meaning I blend different therapeutic approaches, so I feel that some flexibility is needed. So please bear in mind, that you are charged per session, not per hour. As I result, I feel that the price I charge is fair and competitive.Traditionally, psychotherapy/counselling sessions last for 50 minutes but I am not as strict – yes, there are traditional therapists out there who have been known to stop clients mid-sentence if their session time was up. I don’t agree with that but certain boundaries do still need to be maintained. Your session is your time and your space but it is contained.
- Therapy is a two-way process. I work to the best of my ability and give 100% to my clients; I have regular supervision that ensures I work to the best of my capabilities and I engage in continuous learning development as therapy is a field in which one can’t stop learning due to new research, development and findings. I appreciate that therapy can be difficult at times as healing is not always straightforward, but it is ultimately very rewarding and it can be life changing. So the commitment to the process goes both ways.
- And lastly, on a lighter note, I have a rescue guardian sheepdog called Meli. She has come a long way both literally (Bosnia) and metaphorically. She had a pretty rough start to life and a few years after that as well. Watching her transform from the quiet, unresponsive dog into the affectionate and cheeky dog she is now has been rewarding. However, she now wants to ‘guard’ her place, so she will bark and may want to come out to have a look who is coming. She’s big and fluffy and once she sees the person, she goes back to sleep. I thought it might be a good idea for potential/future clients to be aware that there is a dog in the house (she usually just sleeps downstairs and is not a bother) as I appreciate not everyone is keen on dogs and the last thing I’d want is for someone to feel unsafe when they come for therapy. I also appreciate that some people may suffer from allergies, so thought it important to make you aware. (That’s Meli on the photo below).
Cancellation / Re-booking Policy
1. In the event of an appointment being cancelled at less than 48 hours notice, the full fee for the session will be charged. However, I do understand that emergencies can happen, so any final decision regarding cancellation policy is at my discretion. Accepting this is a condition of booking an appointment, which forms a contract for the provision of hypnotherapy/psychotherapy services. The reason for this charge is that time, preparation and facilities will already have been allocated to the appointment. It is incumbent upon the client to allow adequate travel time for the appointment.
2. In the event of an appointment being missed with less than 48 hours notice, a re-booked appointment will require full payment in advance. The appointment will only be confirmed on receipt of this. Where at least 48 hours notice is given, no charge will apply for the altering or cancellation of an appointment time.
3. Payments can be made by cash, card or cheque at the appointment. Please make cheques payable to ‘Slavka Craig’. You can also pay online in advance, via the Hypnolight website or bank transfer.
Downloads & CDs
4. Purchasing any downloads or CDs from Hypnolight is done on the strict understanding that Hypnolight cannot accept responsibility for any loss, damage or injury arising from the use or misuse of the download or CDs or any of the content therein.
5. Individual results will vary.
6. Do not use any Hypnolight downloads or CDs while driving, operating any heavy machinery, or in any situation in which you are required to perform any action requiring full conscious awareness and focus.
7. Do not use any Hypnolight download or CD if you suffer from epilepsy, schizophrenia, or any other psychological or psychiatric condition, or if you are under the influence of substances (including, but not limited to, alcohol or drugs).
8. Any person using any Hypnolight downloads or CDs does so on the strict understanding that they are and shall remain wholly responsible for their own actions and decisions.
9. Any and all content purchased from Hypnolight is subject to the appropriate copyright laws. No content, including but not limited to downloads or CDs, either in whole, or in part, may be republished, forwarded, sold, hired, resold, transmitted, copied, transferred or in any way made available to anybody who has not directly purchased this content from Hypnolight; except in the case of prior express written consent being given.
10. All content provided in this website or any other media supplied by Hypnolight (including, but not limited to the website, downloads and documents) is for educational purposes only, should be considered as general information only, and is not a substitute for the advice of a medical doctor, or any other healthcare professional.
11. It is always incumbent upon the client to consult their General Practitioner to ensure their physical and mental wellbeing. In the event of any doubt, all clients should seek the advice of their GP before undergoing hypnotherapy, psychotherapy or any other form of complementary treatment. This is particularly the case with, but not limited to, epilepsy, painful conditions, OCD, severe depression and other mental health issues. I will not be able to offer therapy to clients who are acutely unwell and may need psychiatric care.
12. It is also advisable to seek the advice of a healthcare professional before beginning a weight-loss, slimming and/or fitness plan. The responsibility for this always lies with the client. Hypnotherapy for weight-loss is only an aid to, and not a replacement for, eating a sensible and healthy calorie-controlled diet and appropriate exercise.
13. Hypnolight is neither liable nor responsible for any materials, images or other content found on external sites linked to. Nor does linking to any external sites constitute an endorsement of any product or service contained therein.
14. Hypnolight cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, damage or injury arising from the use or misuse of this website or any of the content contained therein.
15. All of the content and other materials on this website is copyright and may not be distributed or copied in any way without prior express written consent. All content is subject to change at any time and without notice as the website is updated regularly.