About Hypnolight, hypnotherapy in Edinburgh and Dunfermline
I first became interested in hypnotherapy after using it myself to deal with a bad life-long habit of nail-biting. My background is in mental health (both the state and charity sectors) and I spent years working both in a psychiatric hospital and in the community with patients who had severe mental health issues.
My 8 years of working in this field were combined with studying. I have a first class degree in psychology, as well as a postgraduate certificate in Occupational psychology. After so many years, I finally realised that I want to pursue a non-traditional psychology career. I chose to study Analytical Hypnotherapy (attaining a diploma with merit) as it can focus on finding and dealing with the root causes of many issues in greater depth. I am interested in psychology, especially transpersonal psychology and also psychotherapy. As a result I am studying for a post graduate diploma in hypno-psychotherapy, which combines psychology, psychotherapy and hypnosis. I love my career as it allows me to constantly learn whether from courses or my clients and also grow as a person.
Both my psychology studies and mental health experience are reflected in my hypnotherapy practice. I have a solid understanding of how the body and brain work together and how hypnotherapy can help to achieve positive changes.
I’m always happy to discuss the processes involved in greater depth with any clients want to understand more about their treatment session.
I’m based in Dunfermline in Fife, so ideally located for clients across Fife, the Lothians, or indeed much of Central Scotland. I’m only around 30 minutes away from Edinburgh. I’m happy to discuss and advise on any issue that you feel may benefit from hypnotherapy. Some of the most common conditions that people seek assistance with are:
- Stopping smoking
- General anxiety disorder
- Post traumatic stress disorder/trauma
- Fears & Phobias
- Nail biting
- Effects of bullying
- Performance anxiety / Stage fright
- Driving anxiety
- IBS – Irritable Bowel Syndrome
List of Qualifications, Memberships and Continuous Professional Development
- Psychology BSc (Hons) 1st class
- MBPsS – Member of British Psychological Society number: 251269
- CNHC – Member of Natural and Complimentary Healthcare Council
- Registered Hypno-psychotherapist with The National Society of Hypnosis, Psychotherapy and Mindfulness
- Postgraduate Certificate in Occupational Psychology (PGCert)
- Diploma in analytical hypnotherapy (DipAH)
- General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice (GQHP)
- Diploma in Past Life Regression Therapy (DPLT)
- Foundation diploma in personal nutrition
- Treatment of trauma and PTSD (National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy)
- Treatment of General Anxiety Disorder -GAD (The Essex institute of Clinical Hypnosis)